Monday, October 27, 2008

Day One

Alright, here goes nothing.

I just got back from vacation and since I recently lost my job (oh and half my money in the stock market crashes) I am too poor to grocery shop until the weekend.

Luckily I bought all those Slim-Fast shakes and Lean Cuisines before I left for vacation. To me this isn't an ideal way to eat. Prepackaged food is never as healthy and delicious home made meals but it will have to do for now. Especially if I want to afford my rent this month.

So far today I've had 2 slices of whole wheat toast (breakfast) and a Lean Cuisine meal for lunch. I'm going to go grab a head of lettuce so I can make myself a big salad with chicken for dinner. Snack of choice today: almonds. Water drinking must be upped - my trainer said that 3 liters a day is a good start.

I'm heading out for a walk right now. One of my favorite things to do lately is to walk around my cute neighborhood, sit in the park and write.

I don't own a scale so I guess I can't say how much I weigh - all I know is that my jeans are fitting a little too snugly for me to be happy with. Maybe i'll put buying a scale on my ever-growing To Do list

5 comments:

Mel O said...

Ew, no! Scales are evil. I made the mistake of stepping on a scale when I hadn't in MONTHS and I definitely regretted it. I just can't get that "number" out of my head!

And it's more about how we FEEL, right? I mean, if I can't zip up my pants, I've gained a few pounds! Ha ha!

ÄsK AliCë said...

Melo - That's so true....that's why I've never owned a scale. At the same time I'm like well...how will I know my progress?!

Bum Atom said...

screw the scale, not having money will do you some good

LYDIA said...

Yeah, no scale! I always seem to step on one when I am drunk at someone else's house - and I always regret it because at that moment I am feeling all "bloaty" and shitty. Just base your progress off measurements, and your favorite pair of jeans.

Lyla Lou said...

I agree with them, skip the scale! I've been trying to lose a few for the past two weeks, and I feel like I look better, but in actual lbs lost there hasn't been a change. It's discouraging!