Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yummy, Healthy "Pizza"

Hey neglected weight-loss blog!

I'm still doing the Suzanne Somers plan - although I'm not super strict, I like to keep it up more as maintenance, I tend to gain about 10 pounds every winter and using this diet, lose the same every spring. I'm not sure if that's completely healthy but I don't think it's too bad.

My younger sister is getting married this summer so my mom has decided to join me. So far she has lost about 30 pounds (in the last 3 1/2 months) and I think wants to lose about 20-30 more.

I've lost about 12 and am aiming for probably 5-10 more pounds. Like I said, I'm not super strict like my mom is so this suits me perfectly.

On to the recipes:

Low-Carb Pizza

Crust:

6 oz Cream Cheese (room temperature) or creamy Goat Cheese
4-6 Eggs (4 = thinner crust, 6 = deeper dish crust)
2 tsp Italian Seasoning (or oregano, basil and rosemary)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 cup Mozzarella, Parmesan (or your favorite blend of cheeses, 1/2 hard)
Black Pepper, to taste

Toppings (use your favorite pizza toppings, mine are below):

Tomato Sauce (Classico has the least sugar of commercial brands)
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Onion
Bacon


1. Using a food processor (or blender) mix together the cream cheese and eggs until smooth

2. Add the spices and blend again

3. Spread the remaining cheeses (Mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago or those Italian 4-cheese blends work well) on the bottom of a well greased 9X13 pan. Pour the egg mixture over top

4. Bake for 22-25 minutes until the top is nicely browned. You may need to adjust the timing depending on how crisp you like your crust and whether you used 4 or 6 eggs. Just keep an eye on it when you hit the 20 minute mark.

5. While the pizza "dough" is baking, saute the other ingredients until crisp-tender

6. Take the crust out of the oven. Spread a generous amount of pizza sauce and all your favorite toppings.

7. Bake for another 10-15 minutes and enjoy!

This makes a doughy, cheesy crust so I never add cheese on the top of the pizza.

No comments: